- Download the latest version of WordPress (Link to WordPress.org > Download)
- Extract the contents of the archive to a temporary directory on your computer
- Using an FTP client open your new site directory (eg.
- Change the permission levels for your new site directory to 777
- Create a new file within your new site directory called
.htaccess(with no extension)
- Upload all the files within the
/wordpress/directory from the temporary directory you created to your new site directory
- Using an Internet browser connect to your new site (eg.
- Fill in your MySQL database and basic site details
- Click Install WordPress