The 1.2.9 minor Plugin update for Send to a Friend adds Header Visibility and Header Text options to Settings > Send to a Friend. This will reduce the need for creating a copy of the template file within your WordPress theme.
A quick update that I’ve gone through and can confirm full-compatibility across the Visser Labs WP e-Commerce Plugin suite with WordPress 3.0.2, so what are you waiting for, start updating.
Note: As always, perform a full backup of your WP e-Commerce store – that means files and database – as it only takes a single corrupt file during transfer to knock out your daily earnings. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
The 3.0.2 update is a mandatory security update for all previous WordPress versions which plugs a few Core vulnerabilities and miscellaneous fixes. The following Visser Labs Plugins have been tested with WordPress 3.0.2:
- Related Products for WP e-Commerce
- Add to Wishlist for WP e-Commerce
- Facebook Like Button for WP e-Commerce
- Facebook Share for WP e-Commerce
- Nuke WP e-Commerce
- Offline Credit Card Processing for WP e-Commerce
- Printable Invoices for WP e-Commerce
- Product Categories Importer for WP e-Commerce
- Product Importer Deluxe for WP e-Commerce
- Product Importer Standard for WP e-Commerce
- Product Versioning for WP e-Commerce
- Store Reports for WP e-Commerce
Here’s a quick excerpt of the changes in 3.0.2 from the WordPress team.
- Fix moderate security issue where a malicious Author-level user could gain further access to the site. (r16625)
- Multisite: Fix the usage of the SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL constant for upgraded WordPress MU installs (#14536)
- Remove pingback/trackback blogroll whitelisting feature as it can easily be abused. (#13887)
- Fix canonical redirection for permalinks containing?%category% with nested categories and paging. (#13471)
- Fix occasional irrelevant error messages on plugin activation. (#15062)
- Minor XSS fixes in request_filesystem_credentials() and when deleting a plugin. (r16367, r16373)
- Clarify the license in the readme (r15534)
- Multisite: Fix the delete_user meta capability (r15562)
- Multisite: Force current_user_can_for_blog() to run map_meta_cap() even for super admins (#15122)
- Multisite: Fix ms-files.php content type headers when requesting a URL with a query string (#14450)
If I’ve missed any Plugin from the above list or you’ve spotted a compatibility issue that slipped through testing please drop a comment below.
Instead of making individual posts for each Plugin that’s been updated today I’m collating it here; some very cool features detailed for Add to Wishlist.
Plugins that have been updated today include:
- Add to Wishlist (1.5)
- Facebook Like Button (1.3)
- Facebook Share (1.1)
- Nuke WP e-Commerce (1.3)
- Related Products (1.6.1)
Related Products, Add to Wishlist, Facebook Like Button and Facebook Share all got a dose for better detection of the Product details page within WP e-Commerce when Permalinks are turned off.
Add to Wishlist
Add to Wishlist got a major overhaul with a fresh Admin page to manage Plugin options including the e-mail subject and template for sending your personalised wishlist to others.
You can now control the position of the ‘Add to wishlist’ button within the Product details page through standard WP e-Commerce hooks as well as manually through a template tag; just be careful not to nest a form within a form, before I forgot, you can also send a unique wishlist URL to others to view your wislist as guests and set the quantity of each wishlist item; may be removed/adjusted in future releases.
Special thanks go to Hungry Dog Media for making this update to Add to Wishlist possible.