Home Forums Plugins Product Importer Deluxe Support [Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error and blurred thumbnails

Welcome to our community support forums! We're here to help - but if you have an urgent request for a Pro Plugin, you will get a prioritised response through our Premium Support page.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kier
    Participant

Hi Michael,

Sorry to be a pain but I still can’t get the new product importer deluxe 3.1.6 working properly on my default site.

It works a little better than the last as the columns are not messed up anymore and it is detecting 7 rows instead of 15 but I’m getting the error message

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
    Apache Server at http://www.mysite.info Port 80

My csv only has 6 rows and 5 products but when importing I keep getting the internal server error and only 3 products importing.
    Also when clicking on the product pictures, the main image comes up fine, but the thumbnails showing in the gallery next to the main picture are very blurred. When cycling through the blurry thumbnails to view the images, the big images show fine.

I have go daddy shared hosting and I’ve read these errors might be to do with increasing the PHP memory or execution time so I tried a php5.ini file with this in it

memory_limit = 50M
    post_max_size = 192M
    file_uploads = On
    upload_max_filesize = 192M

with no change in results.

Please can you help me fix this or let me know what versions of the importer work with which wordpress and wpecommerce versions as I’m still desperately trying to get a new shop online and have never had this importer working since I purchased it 14 months ago.

I’ll switch my hosting if that’ll help, what ever it takes !

Thanks

Michael Visser
    Keymaster

Hi Kier, the memory usage needed depends greatly on the size of the original Product images that WordPress is resizing into thumbnails. If you can confirm the size and dimensions of some of these images as well as the image import method you’re using I can give you an indication of what the memory_limit should be set to. If you find the importer is timing out on the same Product it could be a time limit that’s being reached and PHP is terminating the process.

To start I’d bump that 50M up to 96M and confirm if this sorts the 500 error.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am agree with Michael visser…..!!!!

Kier
    Participant

Just an update for anyone with the same problem, I switched to hostgator as they allow upto 256m as standard on their shared hosting. Solved the error problem and a few others too.

Cheers

Michael Visser
    Keymaster

Hi Kier and jasonmartin, the upcoming 3.1.8 Plugin update removes the need for large memory allocations within WordPress as we’ve moved to an Ajax and session-based importing process. I’m expecting release later today or tomorrow depending on a Category-related issue I’m looking into.

We’ve been able to import 2,000+ Products with multiple images on a shared hosting install with only 48M allocated memory.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] 500 Internal Server Error and blurred thumbnails’ is closed to new replies.