The WooLabs team have leap-frogged 1.0.3 (announced a fortnight ago) and gone straight to 1.1 and now 1.1.1 in the span of a few weeks; expect regular minor Plugin updates for WooCommerce with a combination of fixes and added features till the Plugin’s roadmap is released to the community.
Noteworthy new features:
- Allow users to add thumbnails for product categories that can be reserved for brand logos, or generic product images.
- Optional product dimension fields can be filled in to provide further product information.
- Drag and drop term ordering so that variation options can be sorted.
- Filters for tax rates, and a hook for payment complete order status.
- Hard crop option for product images.
- Ability to change product permalinks to include category.
- General JS & CSS revisions for faster, more stable usage.
The detailed WooCommerce 1.1.1 and 1.1 chagelog’s include:
- Products need a base, regardless of category settings – added base to prevent pages breaking
- Fixed hard cropping
- Translation fixes
- Moved discount above shipping calc
- Fixed enter key on product edit page
- Made custom attributes display ‘nicely’ in cart widgets, instead of santized
- Tested and working with WordPress 3.3 beta-1
- Added a hook for payment complete order status
- Added woocommerce term meta api
- Added ability to upload category thumbnails
- Added option to show sub-categories when browing categories/the shop page
- Zero tax rate fix
- Filters for tax rates
- Fixes to find rate function
- Product dimension fields
- Fixed archives being displayed by woocommerce_show_product_images
- Added ‘configure terms’ button to attributes page to make it clearer
- Fix for variations when an attribute has been removed
- Fixed some localisation strings
- Hard crop option for images (use regenerate thumbnails after toggling to redo all images)
- Password field type for gateways API
- Front page shop improvements/correct title tags
- Added option for controlling product permalinks
- Shop page title option
- Load admin css only where needed
- Admin JS cleanup
- Removed error message when clicking buttons to view variations/grouped
- Drag and drop term ordering (so variation options can be sorted)
- Pay page after invoicing fix