iinet customers can download software from iinet’s public FTP server which does not contribute to monthly bandwidth allocations, I have configured my default Software Source in Ubuntu to use iinet’s FTP server as a preferred download source for Ubuntu system and software updates.
- Add a custom software source by opening Software Source from the System > Administration system drop-down
- Expand the ‘Download from:’ and select Other…
- Expand the Australia group from the download server list and select ‘ftp.iinet.net.au’
- Press Choose Server to confirm changes
- Press Close to close the Software Sources system dialog