Why the Reinvigorate for WordPress plugin – available from Reinvigorate – doesn’t work is beyond me! Making a hard-coded fix isn’t, and as an added bonus it doesn’t distort your statistics by filtering out Administrators browsing the site. Continue reading
A simple list of free internet tools that I cannot live without on a day-to-day basis. I’ve been sitting on this for weeks now, I’ll add the other providers details shortly.
- Visits and Pageviews over time/Daily visitors/Navigational analysis
- Visits by New and Returning visitors/Visitor loyalty/Web design parameters
- Visits by Referrer, Geo Location/Geo map overlay/Network location/Language
- Overviews and detailed reports for executive, marketing and webmaster analysis
- Content optimization and reporting from Length of Visit to Depth of Visit indicators
- Site overlay support with traffic for individual links/Campaign ROI/Adwords analysis/CPC vs organic conversion/Keyword considerations
Google Analytics makes it easy to improve your results online. Write better ads, strengthen your marketing initiatives, and create higher-converting websites.
Extract from Google Analytics at Google Analytics
I’m a huge supporter of Urchin/Analytics for the gathering and active management of critical web statistics for client SEM activities.
This article covers integration of the Analytics script into your WordPress blog or site.
- Download Google Analytics WordPress Plugin v1.1 from taking the red pill
- Extract and enable the plugin as standard practice; upload the plugin to
/wp-content/plugins/...and enable it through the Plugin Management page within WordPress Administration
- Open the Google Analytics Options page within the Options section of the WordPress Administration
- Set the value of the Google Analytics profile to the value of _uacct variable defined in your Google Analytics account (eg. “UA-896702-1?)
Analytics have covered a great article on integrating your current Adwords campaign into your existing Analytics profiles.
If you have an AdWords account, you can access Google Analytics directly from your AdWords interface. Google Analytics also saves you time by automatically importing all your keyword data from AdWords. So you see ROI and other key metrics for every keyword you buy on AdWords, with no extra effort on your part, just by using Google Analytics.
Extract from Adwords Integration at Google Analytics
This is great news for clients who are seeking further detailed reports than those provided by their search agency or access to on-demand live report data.
- Log in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
- Click the Analytics tab.
- If you don’t have an Analytics account, click the Continue button to sign up for one.
- If you already have an Analytics account, click I already have a Google Analytics account.
- From the Existing Google Analytics Account drop-down list, select the name of the Analytics account you’d like to link to *.
- Keep the checkboxes selected on this page, unless you’re sure you’d like to disable auto-tagging and cost data imports.
- Click Link Account.