After a morning’s searching for a resolution to my “I log into WordPress and it logs me out of bbPress” issue here on Visser Labs I came upon on a post on integrated cookies by gerikg on the bbPress Support Forums. Here’s an excerpt:
- Open wp-config.php within the root WordPress directory
- Replace the 4 default keys (e.g. AUTH_KEY, LOGGED_IN_KEY, etc.) for WordPress with the 8 keys following from the WordPress Secret Key Service
- Save changes to wp-config.php but keep it open for now
- Open bb-config.php within the root bbPress directory
- Replace the 4 default keys (e.g. BB_AUTH_KEY, etc.) for bbPress with the 8 keys you just generated
- Save changes to bb-config.php
- Log in as an Administrator into bbPress and open Settings > WordPress Integration, set WordPress Administrator as Key Master and all other levels as Member, finally save changes
- Log into the WordPress Dashboard and from the Plugins > Add New download and activate “bbPress Integration”
- Open bbPress Integration within Settings and enter the bbPress URL (e.g. http://www.visser.com.au/wp-ecommerce/ideas/), leave the Your plugins URL blank then save changes.
- Paste the text from the bottom of the bbPress Integration page into – hopefully still open – wp-config.php file on line #18
- Save changes to wp-config.php
For full details and troubleshooting visit the original thread on the bbPress Support Forum.