Over on the Tips & Tricks HQ website I read a great article, Shop Admin Tips – Protect yourself from unfair refund claims, covering techniques to reduce refund fraud affecting digital e-commerce stores.
It will help you protect yourself from fraudsters if you keep the following simple points in mind when selling online:
- Give detailed description of the product
- Provide clear images, preview, live demo if possible
- Tell them upfront how they are going to get the product
- Let them ask you questions and respond to their inquiries so they can get a clear picture of the product
- State your Refund Policy (if any) in the Terms and Conditions
- Make sure the customer has to agree to the Terms and Conditions before they can make a purchase
I’ve put these tips into action as I regularly deal with digital assets and it’s great to have a heads up on this for future experiences.