Time to confess, we’ve all done it. Copied a video that plays fine on the computer yet shutters, skips and pops as soon as it hits your Sony Ericsson P1i. There is a fix. Limited system resources to decode large video files is one gotcha, the fact I broadcast audio to a Bluetooth headset makes the ‘shutter, skip, pop‘ effect even more annoyingly obvious.
This hindrance can be solved by re-encoding the video files with a lower resolution and bit rate that the Sony Ericsson P1i video processor can keep up with.
- ImTOO 3GP Video Converter 3
- A video file format supported by ImTOO 3GP Video Converter 3 (various popular video file extensions)
- The supplied USB data-cable
Re-encoding your video file
- Open ImTOO 3GP Video Converter
- Press Add
- Select your video file
- From the list tick the check box beside the video file
- Set Video Codec to mpeg4
- Set Video Size to 320×240
- Set Bit Rate to 256
- Set Audio Bit Rate to 48
- Press Encode
- Transfer the optimised video file to your Sony Ericsson P1i
There you have it, smooth video playback on the Sony Ericsson P1i with the latest TV shows, feature films and music clips. What videos do you play on your Sony Ericsson P1i?