Full recursive category support (that means Fruit>Apple>Red Delicious>Premium) as well as product tags (Tag A|Tag B|Tag C) are among the updates that have made it into the 2.4 release of Product Importer Deluxe.
Below is an overview of changes from the last update post (2.2) for Product Importer Deluxe.
- Added update of download file when ‘merging’ Products
- Added automatic linking to matching column at import time; this means if you name your columns correctly Product Importer Deluxe will match the columns up automatically
- Improved sub-category support to include recursive depth (denoted by ‘>’); this means filling the category column with Fruit>Apple>Red Delicious>Premium will associate a Product with the category and sub-categories
- Added Second Row column at import time to indicate contents of the second row of the CSV
- Removed Brand in preparation for WP e-Commerce 3.8; ‘Group’ support is removed in WP e-Commerce 3.8, I’m setting Product Importer Deluxe to keep up with advances
Just so you know, 2.3 was a silent update including changes to Product Categories Importer; I’m looking to integrate this into Product Importer Deluxe removing the need for a separate WordPress Plugin.
With the critical features for Product Importer Deluxe cooked in I’m now focusing on variation support and the migration to support WP e-Commerce 3.8.