Hi WooCommerce store owners, the 2.0.4 Plugin update is a minor Plugin update addressing performance issues when displaying the Export screen on stores with large catalogues as well as memory monitoring to assist in diagnosing failed exports. Additional WordPress Filters have been exposed within our Plugin for advanced users to change the FTP method used in Scheduled Exports. There are no security issues addressed in this Plugin update.
* Added: type_id column for Orders export
* Added: Store export type counts as hourly WordPress Transients
* Added: Memory usage to Admin footer on Export screen
* Added: Order Items: ID to Orders export to export order_item_id
* Added: Switch between ftp_put and ftp_fput
* Added: Switch for changing the Order Items Formatting option for triggered Order exports
What’s coming up?
I’ll be focusing on compatibility of new features within Extra Product Options and WooCommerce Subscriptions for 2.0.5 as well as further memory optimisations for our export engine. There is also a nagging issue with the ‘unique’ Order Items Formatting rule for Order exports that I need to pull apart to address and blank spaces being included in empty CDATA nodes in the XML export format. If those get sorted that will make for a very merry 2.0.6 Plugin update.
Later down the 2.0+ series I will schedule time for developing a ‘export templates’ feature which is sorely needed to make the most of our Scheduled Exports that are now available to store owners.
Update (17/02): Here’s what we’ve marked off the list since the 2.0.4 Plugin update back in Dec.:
- Fixed the duplicate Order Items Formatting issue affecting Extra Product Options and Product Add-ons (2.0.7)
- Fixed the empty CDATA nodes in the XML export format (2.0.7)
- Overhauling our WooCommerce Subscriptions support (coming in 2.0.8)
- ‘Export templates’ (coming in 2.1)