The Paths module allows you to change page addresses from http://trampoline.tv/node/5 to a human friendlier http://trampoline.tv/about/. Drupal 5.1 dev comes with Paths in it’s list of modules not enabled by default.
Enable paths module
- Log in to your Administrator account from the front page
- Expand the Administer menu
- Expand the Site building menu
- Open the Modules page
- Tick the Path checkbox
- Accept the changes by clicking Save configuration
Create on page basis redirects
To redirect pages you wil need to know the existing relative address (eg. /node/5) as well as decided the updated name (eg. /about/).
- Open the URL aliases page from the Site building sub-menu
- Click Add alias
- Enter the existing relative address into the first text input
- Enter the updated relative address into the second text input
- Accept the redirect by clicking Create new alias
- Test the redirect by entering the redirected page address into your browser