The second week of this development workshop has come to an end, this week was dedicated to the development of new Plugin functionality but meant we had to deal with the elephant in the room; how to manage support tickets and the priority of feature requests. I’m making progress on this front and changing how new support tickets vs feature requests are being processed, thank you for your patience during this transition.
I’m proud to announce that support for Export Templates on the Quick Export screen is well underway as is reducing the memory footprint of export elements which will greatly affect large Product and Order exports.
Custom field labels within the Edit Export Template screen
Export Templates now support setting custom column labels on a per-Export Template basis, this functionality will be included in the next minor Plugin release due Monday; the Friday update curse is in effect today.
Export Template integration to the Quick Export screen
I’m proud to announce that Export Template integration to the Quick Export screen is well underway with support for export field visibility and sorting working.
This final week ahead is exclusively Plugin work focused and I expect to get both minor Plugin updates of Store Exporter Deluxe and Product Importer Deluxe out the door. Here’s a re-cap.
The goals of this development workshop are:
- to add Export Template integration to the Quick Export screen in Store Exporter Deluxe (in progress)
- to reduce the memory footprint of export elements when preparing exports in Store Exporter Deluxe (in progress)
- to complete the WooCommerce 3.0 CRUD model transition for Order exports *1
- to move the Product import logic from Product Importer Deluxe to Store Importer Deluxe
- to add Order and Order Item import support to Store Importer Deluxe
to add file attachment support to the Premium Support form(achieved)
- to add file attachment support to the My Account > Support section (in progress)
to continue customising the visser.com.au storefront(achieved)
- to make available the Jigoshop to WooCommerce migration Plugin to existing Product Importer Deluxe customers *2
*1 – we currently avoid conflicting with WooCommerce 3.0 Order and Order Item resources which trigger deprecation notices
*1 – in the same way that Product Importer Deluxe customers have access to early builds of Store Importer Deluxe as it is being developed
That’s it for now, thank you for respecting this opportunity to focus on development over support for this three week period. This development workshop will benefit all of us.