I put together my computer this weekend, that was exciting enough, the bonus being it worked, first time… I must have done something wrong. Nothing is this easy.
The specs for my machine are:
- AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ (2.0Ghz dual core)
- 1GB Corsair DDR2 800Mhz RAM
- 250GB + 350GB SATA2 7200rpm HDD (chained)
- CoolerMaster iGreen PSU 600W
- ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe motherboard
- NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT (256MB)
- Dell 2007FP 20″ UltraSharp Widescreen (1680×1050 native)
In time I’ll break some of the parts out and build a server and personal machine, dropping back to a single 3.0Ghz+ CPU for gaming.
I did some research into why games were freezing, a common issue being inadequate cooling. I’ll add an additional rear-fan (Gigabyte DC brushless fan 1800rpm), upgrade the provided heat-sink (AMD) as well as reapply thermal paste. I hope this will fix it.
Woot, new PC!